14 Sep WHY I AM NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL?
Apostle Paul said, “I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation [from His wrath and punishment] to everyone who believes [in Christ as Saviour], to the Jew first and also to the Greek”. – Romans 1:16 (Amp)
What is the Gospel of Christ?
Apostle Paul, who was separated by God, from his mother’s womb and called through His grace, to preach His Son among the Gentiles, reminds the Corinthian Christians of the gospel he has preached to them in 1 Cor. 15:3, 4. The gospel is that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures.
The gospel of Jesus Christ is the good news that God provided the way for man to be freed from His wrath and punishment ((Jn. 3:16-18, 36; Romans 6:23).
According to Titus 2:11-14, Apostle Paul explains not only what God has done for the whole world through His grace i.e. Jesus Christ, but also why He has done it. Christ gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds. Jesus Christ also instructs His believers to hate sin and live a holy life in this evil world, eagerly looking for His second coming,
Why I am not ashamed of the gospel of Lord Jesus Christ?
1. Gospel of Christ Jesus is the power of God to save anyone who believes Him. “For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God” (1 Cor. 1:18).
2. Only Jesus Christ has authority to forgive anyone’s sins (Acts 4:12). He is the only way to heaven (John 14:6).
3. Lord Jesus is going to be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Thess. 1:7,8)
4. Even a single soul (a person) is more valuable and precious than all the riches and wealth of the whole world. There is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents. And it is also my obligation to preach the gospel (Mk. 8:36, 37; Lk. 15:10; 1 Cor. 9:16).
5. Jesus has warned that whoever is ashamed of Him and His words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him He will also be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels (Mk. 8:38)
6. I am chosen by the Almighty God to be a royal priest, a citizen of the holy nation and God’s special, so that I proclaim Jesus Christ, who called me out of darkness into His marvellous light, to the unsaved ones (1Peter 2:9).
7. I have been empowered by the Holy Spirit so as to proclaim the gospel with great audacity and boldness (Acts 1:8; 4:31)
8. Jesus has called me to be His disciple, with His promise of using me as an instrument to lead souls to His kingdom (Matt 4:19). 11.
9. The love of Christ compels me to share His good news with others (2 Cor 5:14).
10. I always wear the readiness to announce the Good News of peace as shoes, that I may be able to [successfully] stand up against all the schemes and the strategies and the deceits of the devil (Eph. 6:15,11 Amp)
11. If I don’t share the gospel with those who are perishing in sin, God will hold me responsible for their death in sin (Eze. 33:8).
12. I want to be wise by capturing and winning souls for God (Pro. 11:30 Amp).
13. In God’s eternal kingdom, I want to shine like stars forever and ever (Daniel 12:3).
14. In the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming, I want to have souls as my hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing. They will be my glory and joy (1 Thess. 2:19, 20).
15. I am not discouraged or disappointed if people reject or oppose the Gospel of Christ Jesus, because a day is coming, when at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that my Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father (Philip 2:10, 11)
These are the words of the Holy One, the True One, He who has the key [to the house] of David, He who opens and no one will [be able to] shut, and He who shuts and no one opens: ‘I know your deeds. See, I have set before you an open door which no one is able to shut, for you have a little power, and have kept My word, and have not renounced or denied My name. (Rev 3:7, 8 Amp)
Dear reader, Let us proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ without fear for any man or authorities, when the time is right and even when it is not [keep your sense of urgency, whether the opportunity seems favourable or unfavourable, whether convenient or inconvenient, whether welcome or unwelcome] and quicken the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (Lk 12:4, 5; 2 Tim. 4:2a Amp; Matt. 24:3, 14).
Mr. Abraham Jebaveeran lives in a North Indian city with his wife and youngest son. They are ministering to young people including university students.